Saturday, 5 January 2008

New Year, New Baby

My friend in work has just had her first baby and it is a boy. She left work on Monday 31st Dec hoping for a couple of weeks lie ins......but she had her baby boy on Thursday afternoon - 2 weeks early!! Bless!, Both are well and the baby's weight is 5lbs 6ozs, no name as yet.

Now, this ties in well with the DCM makers challenge - New Year, so do something new, ie new home new baby etc.

So this is my entry for their challenge. I have decorated the bothe side of the card/book because the front side is all the lovely bits you do to a baby card and on the back-side are few embellishments but lots and lots of space for everyone in work to write their own personal message to the new proud parents. :) :)







16 comments:

  1. Fabulous card and congratulations to your friend, what a great start to the year - no lie ins for a while though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this is gorgeous. Lovely piece.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful work Debz - she will love this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fantastic idea for a card! Made mini-albums using the same template but never thought about using it for cards.
    Your friend will love it!
    Judy NZ

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow fantastic what a great card, well its more than a card

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful card and so much more and very lovely idea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness, what a fabulous card! So much work must have gone into it, I'm sure it'll be treasured by the proud parents!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats to your friend. This book is really lovely

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card! It´s georgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card and congratulations to your friend.:)
    Vanessa.

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW!!! Deb this is fabulous!!!! xx :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm sure your friend will be over the moon with your baby card. There's such a lot of work gone into that and it's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Welcome to DCM Debbie. Your card is fantastic, so much work, Im sure your friend will be bowled over :)
    Happy New Year
    Rhi x

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have made some of these in the past but never seen a baby one - its fab!
    Clairexx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations to your friend. Her baby was born on my DH's birthday!

    I love the card you made. Am sure she will too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by - I really appreciate all my wonderful visitors. :) I will visit your blog although it may be a little while before I do. :)