Wednesday, 6 February 2008

Charmed Cards and Crafts

Round 2 challenge is set by the lovely Juliet and it is to :- Alter a food container into something useful. Could be a coffee jar, tin, take away carton, pizza box -anything which you can recycle into something useful, but it's original purpose must have been to hold food. Extra points for hand doodling.
.....................................................................................
I have used a Laughing Cow Triangle Cheese box and altered it into a jewellery box. :) I used red velvet to cover box inside and out and lid. Used sponge inside too to lay jewellery on. Used ribbon and braiding, old jewellery and mini square tiles to decorate. Also used 3d paint for my doodling. I am pretty pleased with the result and it does look plush in real life. :) :)




12 comments:

  1. wow!!! oh wow!!! Deb, this is plush!! its absolutely beautiful!!! what did Joani make??? and make sure she gets her blog up and running {lol} hugzz xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Deb! That's beautiful! I cant believe it was a cheese box!!!
    You did an amazing job!
    Nicola xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks fab Deb - inspired idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh My....how cute is this!!! Too much talent for one stamper!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just amazing. You should be so proud of it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi sister dear - well here I am in blog land at last. :)

    Love your jewellery box (my cheese triangles have no box now, LOL). The jewellery does look a tad familiar too LOL, but the box looks even better in real life.

    Look forward to chatting in blogland. :) :)

    Joani x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is really gorgeous! A cheese box to be VERY proud of! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. A lovely trinket box, amazing how far ones imagination can stretch!! (LOL)
    Clairexx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is beautiful Debbie. What a fabulous job you've done on it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG!!!!!!I'm speechless Deb! Absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! That is very exotic!! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. this is amazing, what a transformation from a cheese triangle box, I would never have guessed! It is so luxurious looking, the red and the gold braid are perfect together and the jewels you used are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by - I really appreciate all my wonderful visitors. :) I will visit your blog although it may be a little while before I do. :)