Monday, 21 April 2008

My Bargain

I bought this wooden cut cat bookend from a charity shop for the huge price of 50p lol - bargain eh?. It was just wood coloured, so I have painted it in black acrylic and then painted again with gold pearlescent watercolour to try and give a tabby effect :) I added some bling for her eye, gave her some wishers and nose and finally add bell and red ribbon. I am soo pleased how she has turned out and I really enjoyed doing it - simple things are often the best, lol :) :)



11 comments:

  1. Oh very cute, and such a bargain!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute and a bargain to boot :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea Debz, from a cat mad crafter - I neeeeed to get one of those!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Debz this is absolutely gorgeous!!!! very very creative!!! I love popping over here to see your latest creations, cause you always have something fresh and different :) hugzz xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a bargain. You've made it look lovely :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea. Youve made a bargain into a unique piece. Very cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog Debbie :)Hope you have a lovely day :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great find! I love what you've done with it Debbie.xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great bargain and I love what you did with it Debbie.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Debbie
    You have won a PIY on my blog. I will get it in the post to you soon.

    Hugs
    Fe x

    ReplyDelete
  11. this is so cute, what a fabulous bargain, love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by - I really appreciate all my wonderful visitors. :) I will visit your blog although it may be a little while before I do. :)