Sunday, 20 July 2008

Here we go again.......

here are another couple of cards I promised you from the Gerry family. :) :) Spiral Whisper website is opening from tomorrow and all the stamps from the first weeks previews will be avilable to buy :) :) My Safari set is included in first week. :) :) The Gerry family - Seemore, Cloudia and Sonny are available now as pre-orders and available to buy next week. ;) :) The Gerry Family images are so much fun - I have really enjoyed doing them and have proved to be very popular - you are lovin' them. :) :) Thankyou. :)

Here is Seemore and Cloudia card - such a versatile image it could be used for various occasions.
I have used BG paper, crepe paper, stickers, brad and hearts from stash, coloursoft pencils and my doodling. ;) :)


Here is another card I have made using Cloudia and Sonny. :) :) I have made this as a Congrats Baby Boy card. :) :) BUT I am only showing you half of the card, lol, lol. Why? I hear you ask...... well the on the other half of this card I have used another stamp I have coming out with Spiral Whisper in week 3 :) :) So watch out for previews of it. :) :) This card also fits in beautifully with DCM challenge - 'doodling', which is great because it has been a long time since I have been able to join in on their challengs. ;) :)
I have used Kay & Co paper, coloursoft pencils/gel pens, brads, ribbon and acrylic stone from stash and yes of course my doodling. :) :)


xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Now over at This Thursday's challenge blog the challenge this week is - All Change! So for this challenge I have used a drinking glass that has gone a tad cloudy after so many washes in the dishwasher - you know how they go, lol. Well, rather than just throw it out - I thought what can I do with it??? Came up with this idea.........

Used alcohol inks to give it a bit of a key, painted it all over with red acrylic paint and whilst the paint was still wet sprinkled fine glitter allover. When the paint has dried removed excess glitter. Now I am using it as a vase and I am very happy with the result. :) :)

Here it is in full view with some gorgeous pink lillies in. :)


Here is a close-up view of it. :)


Thanks for looking and all your wonderful support. :) :)

11 comments:

  1. great peice Deb . Love the look of this. Love the colours > Love the glitter. Love the fact its recycling something that would have been thrown away,
    Thanks for taking part in This Thursdays challenge

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh Debs, how exciting is all this. I love your giraffe family and will certainly be paying a visit to look at your stamps.
    Huge Congratulations xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Debbie
    This is beautiful - great idea and great colours

    ReplyDelete
  4. How clever to reuse the glass to make such a stunning vase! Mine go in the bin when the dishwasher's messed them up....

    I have added Spiral Whispers to the master stamp list (being published soon!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute cards ,just love your images ,great work ,Dawnx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I voted for yes for Charlie the chimp Debs I think it really suits him :) Gorgeous cards I love them all but my fav is the Mummy and Bbay giraffe, so cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooops 4got to say. Thanks for the comment you left on my blog (wink)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello you!!
    Got an award for you - stop on by!!

    Dawn
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. OOOh Debs I Love this so grly and bling!
    Thanks for playing along!x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love them giraffes Debbie and how clever with the glass it looks teriffic :-)


    sue
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fabulous piece - certainly is all change - love the glitter on it thanks for joining in with This Thursday

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by - I really appreciate all my wonderful visitors. :) I will visit your blog although it may be a little while before I do. :)