Thursday, 13 November 2008

Guest DT Spot for....

This Thursday The challenge this week is all about Marvelous Metallics. Use what ever you like in which ever format you chose to produce a project that Shines!!

I was very honoured to have been asked to do a guest DT spot for This Thursday and I have really enjoyed creating my projects. ;) They have a wonderful prize to offer - so pop on over and check it out. ;) :)

My first project is a 4x4 - used a nice shiny brad and coil and pretty charm. :)



My second project is an acetate card - used triple embossing here and green glitter embossing powder on top layer. Painted tree with metallic/pearlescent paints.



And for my third project I altered an old hob cover I had burnt!!!! Now I wanted to create something that you would have seen in your grandmother's house at christmas - you know old fashioned - I think I have captured what I had in my mind,lol and am really pleased with the result. ;) :)

This is it before......


And after.....



I am still off work with the dreaded flu bug - can't believe it is lasting so long and am totally fed up with it all....but hey ho - well be well soon. ;)

15 comments:

  1. These are all amazing Debbie, LOVE your hob cover, you have a fantastic imagination, i'm going to look around my kitchen now to see what i can come up with lol.I mean.......Do i really need that kettle? lol. hope your feeling better soon, get those vit C tablets down. Take care. Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Debs, these are amazing, I love the colours on them! I still can't get over the hob cover! :D xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely examples of your talent Debbie! The 4x4 is my personal favourite - the colours are absolutely stunning! It helps when you've got lovely stamps from CI to work with though!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic projects Debbie they ar all amazing. Love what you created from an old hob cover...you are so clever. Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous work Debbie, I love the gold tree and a great idea with the hob cover. Sorry to hear you are ill, hope you'll be better soon

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all of these Debbie, especially the old hob cover!

    I really hope you get better soon and take care of yourself xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. well done on your GDT debbie and i love your creations they are fabulous.Hope you feel better soon darl:)

    sue
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. All three projects are really wonderful and inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Debbie
    Brilliant projects and well done on the DT - Will have to have a go this wekend those are fab stamps to win!
    Hugs
    Dawn
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. lovely cards and altered hob top.
    I have never managed decent acetate card...yours is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for a great challenge Debbie. Your examples are stunning. I love the mix of colours on the top project, the acetate card is very stylish and the triple embossing gorgeous but my favourite for sheer ingenuity has to be the old hob cover which you have turned into a work of art, fabulous work!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What FABULOUS pieces! Wow, Debbie, these are gorgeous! I love them all, but especially love your altered hob cover! Absolutely wonderful creations!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hope you feel better soon...

    Love the altered creations the hob cover is my fav!!
    TFS and hosting the challenge
    TC
    :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by - I really appreciate all my wonderful visitors. :) I will visit your blog although it may be a little while before I do. :)