Sunday, 13 December 2009

A simple challenge this week....long post

over at The Crafty Pad challenge site. :) It is 'Simply a Christmas Card'

Nice and easy to get those christmas cards made - not long to go before the festive season is upon us. :) Oooh and I can' wait. :)

I have made two cards this week for the challenge :-

My first easel card, using the fabulous tutorial by our lovely Maxine and a shaker card. The tutorial can be found on The Crafty Pad site. :)


Here is the easel card:-

 
 
I have used Percy Penguin - sleding stamp (of course from the Crafty Pad).  I stamped the image twice and cut one out and laid the second image on top - sort of masking, but not the correct way if you know what I mean..lol.  Also used nesties and Promarkers to colour. I didn't have any red brads so I inked and heat embossed them.

Here is my shaker card :-


 
 
 
 
I have used Christmas Ted with Sled stamp for this card.  Coloured with Promarkers, papers are Papermania.  The actual dome for the shaker has been recycled from a packet of chocolate tree decs..lol.  I couldn't resist using it - it is quite large and I have tried to take pics at different angles so that you can see the full effect of it..lol  I must say it does look good in real life when it is stood up. :) :)

All stamps used are available from HERE

Please do pop over to The Crafty Pad and see all the fabulous inspiration from the DT members and from the great GDT's - you won't be sorry. :) :)

Thanks for looking. :)


4 comments:

  1. Both cards are fabulous Debbie. well done making your frirst Easel card. I love the style, they are just so effective and I love your shaker card too. the large bubble filled with confetti is fantastic. i love cards that are tactile or have that pick me up factor and that certainly has it. Great masking too.
    have a good week
    hugs rozzy xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. These cards are both beautiful. I love cards with that little extra something and yours definetely have that. Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful cards Debbie,i love your images .
    So gorgeous papers and colours.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea with the two penguins, they are so cute. And easel card is a favourite of mine.
    And the second card is gorgeous, i just love what you've done with it.
    Have a nice evening.
    Hugs xx
    Pat

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by - I really appreciate all my wonderful visitors. :) I will visit your blog although it may be a little while before I do. :)