Sunday, 24 January 2010

Quirky Crafts Challenge..and Trimmie Craft Challenge

I am entering this into the CRAFT challenge too - their challenge this week is RED.. :) :)

As  you know I (The Crafty Pad Stamp Designs) is sponsoring Quirky Crafts for their fortnightly challenges this month.   Their new challenge is out today which is  Teddy Bears - any crafty project is suitable as long as you have a bear on it.  A nice easy one to join in with eh?
The DT members have some lovely inspiration for you - pop over and check it out...HERE

There are 2 Crafty Pad stamps to be won. :) :)

They kindly asked me to do GDT again and this is what I came up with......

An altered mini dart board cover - all will be revealed as you scroll down..lol






It is a mini tutorial if you fancy giving it a go :-

I have used this mini wooden dart board cover - but
you could use a small box or tin.



I used Tim Holtz alcohol ink - Pool Blue
to dab over all over the wood.



This is the effect it gave



Create the wording on the PC as shown in the picture below -
I used natural coloured card for this.
Using the Ted - Hugs stamp or digi download (from The Crafty Pad Stamp Designs)
Colour as preferred.
Cut 3 pieces of ribbed card to the size you require
to cover your surfaces and adhere your image,
and wording onto 2 of them.
Cut another smaller piece to suit the size of you sentiment and adhere.



Now adhere all the elements as shown below.
I have added red heart shaped brads and
also silver mirri card punched hearts.
I also used Anita's 3D gloss to the word 'HUGS' on Ted.





That is it - now you have some 'HUGS'
you can give to someone for them to keep
and use as they need them..lol

Thanks for looking - I do hope it is an easy
to follow tutorial and would love to hear
what you think of it. :) :)

9 comments:

  1. Ohhh wowww Debbie,what beautiful,i love your image.
    So gorgeous colours.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous project Debbie and such a great transformation. I love it
    hugs rozzy xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your make Debbie, what a great idea, lovely to see how you did it too!
    ((Lyn))

    ReplyDelete
  4. fab project,great tutorial thankyou for joining us at c.r.a.f.t. this week
    andrea

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Debbie, Beautiful project, love the tutorial with it. Might try it out. Thank you for joining us at C.R.A.F.T. Challenge this week.
    Good luck in the draw.
    Hugs Suzi x

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is soooo lovely Debbie, thank you for joining us at CRAFT Challenge and good luck!

    Love,

    Jo.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Totally adorable Debbie :)

    Love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for playing along in our Red challenge at C.R.A.F.T. this week. Fab project really clever Debbie! Cheers Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice! I like the colors that you used! Thumbs up for me!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by - I really appreciate all my wonderful visitors. :) I will visit your blog although it may be a little while before I do. :)