Sunday, 25 April 2010

What can you re-use? and challenges

The challenge this week over at The Crafty Pad is to
Recycle someting before it goes into the bin...
it can be anything you like. :)

Here is my take on the challenge











I have used Anna by the gate clear stamp and coloured with promakers.
The flower and swirl back ground have been made using an old beer can -
coloured with alcholic inks, embossed with Swirl CB folder.  It makes a
great background and sharpens your paper trimmer too..:)
The Happy Birthday Sentiment is from the Anna Range of clear stamps also..
it has been stamped onto a piece of plastic milk container.
Ribbon is from a an old T.shirt and button inside flower hs been rescued
from an old sweater.

I really enjoyed making this card and I do love to reuse items if I can.

Pop over to The Crafty Pad and join in with the challenge and be in with a
chance to win our new sponsor's prize.

This week we have another fabulous sponsor - Crafty Sentiments
do pop over and see their beautiful stamps.
They also have a weekly challenge blog - HERE


I am also entering my card into the following challenges..

http://onestitchatatimechallenge.blogspot.com/ Flowers


http://doodlepalace.blogspot.com/ have a list of themes to chooose from

http://digitaltuesdaychallenge.blogspot.com/ April flowers or April Showers, I have used flowers

http://creativecottagechallenge.blogspot.com/2010/04/creative-cottage-challenge-7-going.html
Going green - use something green or recycle - I have done both

http://ourcreativecorner6.blogspot.com/ blossoms

http://aspoonfullofsugarchallenge.blogspot.com/ Birthday Theme



20 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Debbie love the metal flower

    ReplyDelete
  2. fabulous card Debbie, she is sweet and love your recycling, hope you are having a fab weekend, hugs debx

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous card Debbie great job with the recycling, such fabulous ideas and so effective. Thanks for joining The Creative Cottage Challenge this week, I hope you will join us again. hugs Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your use of the aluminum. Something I like to do as well. Such a cute image that you colored beautifully. Thanks for entering in our challenge at OSAAT.
    smiles...Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  5. fabulous card this week Debbie... i just love the way you have recycled the beer can. Gorgeous colours for Anna too. hope you dont mind i have 'borrowed some of your chalelnges to enter too :)
    Good luck
    hugs rozzy xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh debs this is one gorjus card such a cute image too super detail and love the papers,bles you for joining us at OSAAT hun love hugs cheryl xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love your card....you did awesome....thanks for joining us at OSAAT...good luck on winning...
    I HAVE BECOME A FOLLOWER AND WOULD LOVE FOR YOU TO FOLLOW ME TOO AT cowgirl-up-stamps
    hugs
    CJ

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Debbie, Gorgeous card, love how you have recyled many items, very clever, thanks for joining us over at Doodle Palace, take careX:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Debbie this is awesome hunny!! I love the recycling elements that you've used - the beer can especially - I'll use a cider one though hehehe, if I ever get round to trying it that is lol. Thanks for joining us here at OSAAT.
    Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful creation. Thanks so much for joining us at OSAAT.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've been saving up my glue tubes to do just this!! I had loads and then they suddenly disappeared..someone had binned them! Lovely card and a lovely flower!! Thank you for joining OSAAT'S 'Flower' challenge, hope to see you next time too!
    ((Lyn))

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card Debs, great use of the beer can, lovely detail, Thanks for joining us over at OSAAT, hope to see you again soon Good Luck
    Sarah xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Debbie how very crafty you are, A+ for Recycling lmao..your card is absolutely adorable and the image is darling, you drew that, how wonderful to be able to draw AND do the cards, I am still trying to conquer the cards myself, but I am getting there lol...thank you for joining us at OSAAT - hope to see you again - good luck

    stitchy xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  14. fab recycling going on here! i love how you used "alcholic" inks on a beer can! lol
    really lovely card

    lots of love teen xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. How cute is this!! Thanks for playing the Digital Tuesday Challenge! Hope you can play with us again this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've always wanted to make tim flowers just never got round to it ! TFS yours x lovely cards xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello Debs! Lovely to see you
    This is sensational, I love it.The image is eyecatching too Beautiful work just love this card Thanks for joining OSAAT( one stitch at a time) Challenges and Good Luck!Don't forget check back Sunday!
    Happy crafting
    Liz x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very pretty, thanks for joining us at the OCC!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow what a gorgeous card that you have made.I love the idea of making the flowers out of a beer can. Thanks for joining us this week at OSAAT x Clare (DT) x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fab card and and I LOVE your beautiful beer can flowers! Thanks so much for joining us at OSAAT this week, don't forget to check back tomorrow to see the new challenge and find out who won the draw for this one. Good luck! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by - I really appreciate all my wonderful visitors. :) I will visit your blog although it may be a little while before I do. :)