Sunday, 31 July 2011

Something Clear.....

That is what our challenge is over at The Crafty Pad this week.....and we have all been extremely lucky to have received some Safmat and Letratac to play with from Letraset.

I was so excited as I have never used either before and I sure had some fun playing with it. :)
We all had great fun using it and many thanks to Letraset for supplying it. :)

This is what I finally made.......





I Altered a Baby Milk Powder Can






 The tin was covered with American Crafts DP - Letratac was used to adhere the paper to the tin. The inside of the tin is also covered with the DP.   I found the Letratac so easy to use - I did use PVA on the edges of the paper to make sure it will stay adhered for months to come.
The edges of the lid and top of the tin are edged in adhesive Lace Ribbon.
For the bows and ribbon borders I have used the sheer ribbon edged with gold - very kindly supplied by Crafty Ribbons
I printed the Rose image and sentiments onto the Safmat.  The image was coloured in digitally on the pc.   I have to say I was really impressed with the Safmat - it printed beautifully and was so easy to use.  As you can see it printed both the coloured image and uncoloured sentiment tickets perfectly.
I think it gives a great effect directly over the DP.
All images used are of course from The Crafty Pad Designs
The tin is a large sized tin and will be filled with lots of 'girlie' goodies' and given to my sis for part of her birthday gift.   I will cover it with florist Cellophane to complete the gift. :)

I also made a notebook.....


Again the sentiment ticket was printed onto the Safmat. :)

I do hope you will pop over to The Crafty Pad Challenge site and see all the other wonderful ideas and makes from the fabby DT ladies - you will not be disappointed. :)

Huge thanks to Letraset again for their products..:)

There is also a FREEBIE of a gorgeous Lily flower at The Crafty Pad Challenge blog - pop on over and snag it. :)


2 comments:

  1. Love love love your altered tin & notebook! Such pretty colours!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow beautiful box Debbie! Such lovely colours on both items. I'm gonna pop over the crafty pad and see the challenge this week.
    Have a great week!
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by - I really appreciate all my wonderful visitors. :) I will visit your blog although it may be a little while before I do. :)